Thursday, October 15, 2009

Birthday Card

This is my 4th card, and was made for my daughters 21st Birthday, which was October 9th. I didnt follow any particular sketch. I used pink & brown colored card stock, for the layered look. It was stitched together with my sewing machine. For my image, I used a magnolia stamp called "Tilda with Hat". I colored her using copic markers. I'm still learning to shade, and highlight with the copics, but I think it turned out cute. I used my Cricut machine to cut the leaves, numbers & letters. I used my CuttleBug machine to cut out and emboss the large deckled Rectangles that Tilda is sitting on. I distressed the edges of the rectangle with Tim Holtz distressing ink, to age it up a little bit. A Martha Stewart punch was used on the bottom of the flowered paper to spruce it up some. I used a double ended embossed tag attached to some pink and brown ribbon to say "Happy Birthday" and distressed the tag as well. I also attached three brads to the bottom of the card. The inside was also done to match the outside, using the same colored paper and punch. Turns out that my daughter LOVES the card! Heres some photos, enjoy. ~Jody~




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Total Pageviews