Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Primitive Ceramic Salt & Pepper Shaker

Hi everyone! Since I posted last I've been really busy in my studio making the Primitive Kitchen Canisters, and more! It's quit the process from start to finish, (which I already knew), but is so worth it in the long run. 

If you know me at all, or have been following me for a while, you know that my favorite paints are acrylics. But, since I started making ceramics several years ago, I've really wanted to paint them using ceramic paints & glazes because when I paint them with the acrylics it takes too long and there are so many steps to take.  I really want to cut down on the time it takes to make them. 

So I made a Salt Shaker painted in ceramic paints and glazes and wanted to show you some photos of what they look like painted in both types of paints, acrylic & ceramic paints and glazes. 

These were painted in acrylic paints on the outside and then stained. Then sealed with a matte sealer. 
They have clear ceramic glaze on the inside so their food safe.

   
This one was painted with the ceramic paints, and a mocha crackle glaze on the outside. (You can't see the mocha crackle glaze to well in the photo, so I posted a close up photo below.) The inside has clear ceramic glaze so they're food safe.

 Here I'm showing you a close up photo so that you can see the crackle glaze. 


This close up shows what the tops look like. The photo shows them being lighter than they actually are. I'd say they are actually a shade darker than the photo, and the crackle can be well seen from a distance. 


I will be shading around the tops and bottoms with another layer because I don't like how this one looks for as far as shading goes. 
So what do you think? Do you like these? Do you have any suggestions, or opinions?
 I'd love to hear your feedback!
If you don't feel comfortable commenting here, please feel free to send me an email to jodystacy@hotmail.com

I plan on making a complete kitchen set in this primitive design which will include the following functional kitchen pieces:
Primitive Kitchen Canisters  (Set of 3 or 4)
Primitive Salt & Pepper Shaker Set
Primitive Spoon Rest
Primitive Utensil Holder
Primitive Soap Dispenser
Primitive Sponge Holder
Primitive Grease Pot
Primitive Butter Churn
Primitive Butter Dish
Primitive Cream & Sugar Dish Set
Primitive Wax Warmer (Maybe)

I will start painting Canisters and such starting 4/25/2016. If you don't like them painted in the ceramic paints and glazes let me know and I'd be happy to paint them in acrylics for you. The price of those will be a little higher than the one's done in ceramic paints and glazes, but I'm happy to do them for you. 

Thank you for stopping by today!
~Jody~




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Total Pageviews