Thursday, October 6, 2011

Primitive Santa Butter Churn Cookie Jar ~ Terrye French


I have finished another new painting! This new ceramic butter churn was made by me. I've painted it buttermilk over black with some areas that have been sanded to give it that time worn look. I've painted a prim Santa on the front, with a black crow that has red berries in his mouth. The lid has been painted with twiggy vines, leaves and berries. I've attached some red pip berries, a grubby tag that reads "Happy Holidays" with a rusty snowflake attached to it, and a tea dyed muslin homespun to the handle. Measures 11 inches tall x 21 inches in diameter. This piece looks very old. The outside has been sprayed with several coats of ceramic sealer. The inside is glazed and is lead free and food safe. Clean with a damp cloth on the outside, wet on the inside. The Santa is a Terrye French design. You can find it on my website here. Hand Painted By Me Primitive Decor. Or you can purchase it from here below. It's $38.95 + 12.99 Shipping.
I have three more Christmas paintings already in progress! So stay tuned to see more! Have a great week everyone!
Take Care,
~Jody~

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Total Pageviews