Monday, June 20, 2011

I fired my first Ceramic & New Products

Happy Monday everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend what ever your activities were! Over the weekend, I did two things. First I added many new items to the website; Mason Jar Wax Warmers, Primitive Paper Towel Holder hand painted by me, and some other miscellaneous items. You can check them all out here. http://www.adorablecountryclassics.com/recently-added/
I also made a trip to a Ceramic shop to gather up supplies that I need to be able to make my own Ceramics. (I still need to purchase some molds). Sunday I was finally able to play with my Kiln for the first time, and it was so much fun! I fired my first Ceramic. I had an Oil Decanter that was already made and glazed on the inside (by someone else). While I was at the Ceramic shop I picked up a crackle glaze to play with, because most of my paintings are done in a crackle manner, and I wanted to see the outcome of this particular medium. This glaze is already pigmented as a Mocha and has the crackle medium already in it. All I had to do was brush it on my Oil Decanter, wait for it to dry and then fire it. Well the firing didn't go as planned because my Kiln doesn't have a temperature gauge and we didn't have any idea as to what the temperature was in there. We definitely need to purchase a Pyrometer. So basically it was just a test to see how things worked. Here's a couple of photos of my first piece. I just love how it looks. The second photo really shows the crackled surface.


I hope you all have a wonderful week! Take Care ~Jody~

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Total Pageviews