Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Getting Old Is For The Birds!

And eating all this fiber is too! For the last 6 years I've had troubles with my stomach. There are days when I was just plain miserable. Tired of all the problems I went to see a digestive Dr. he gave me a upper and lower GI, and a colonoscopy, and they found nothing. He prescribed 1 tall glass of prune juice every day. (YEAH)! Have you ever drank that stuff? Yuck! Well all that did was make it worse, it caused my tummy to swell so much I looked 9 months pregnant! It was also very painful. I also gained weight 44 Lbs to be exact from all the damn sugar in the prune juice!  I also was very tired. So because I didn't get any help from the GI Dr. I made a trip into my regular Dr. and she prescribed exercise and to change my diet. Tired of feeling like crap for the last 6 years I decided it was time to do what she requested. First I changed our diet. I liked sweets and very little fruit and veggies. We no longer eat any processed foods at all. I eat lots of fruit and veggies. I've cut down on the sweets I eat to a bare minimum. The dinners I cook are all the recipes in Bob Greenes "Best Life Diet" book. Nothing but healthy dishes, and they taste good too! I always thought eating healthy was expensive. It's not. If you quit buying all the goodies you can afford the fruit and veggies! I also started walking. Every morning I get up at 5am and walk 1 1/2 miles, and at a pretty steady pace with my dog groomer/friend Francis and 6 Westie pups! I've been walking every morning now for almost 2 months. I had my first weigh in on the 9th of July and I lost 7 Lbs! I'm pretty excited about that. I'm usually a small person about a size 7.  Now, I'm not a morning person at all! I hate mornings!!! My mornings; I get up and have a cup of coffee watch the news and have no one talk to me for at least an hour so I can wake up, otherwise I'm a grump! lol. So, the 5am thing was very hard for me to do at first. I had to make myself get up! It took alot to get me out of that bed so early! I also started doing some research on the internet for the problem I was having. I made a trip to GNC to try testing some different things that would make me feel better. Well I should of known better, to take anything pill form, would make the problem worse. So I quit the natural pills, did more research and decided to try one more thing, Flaxseed Oil and ground Flaxseed. I've been taking the Flaxseed Oil for about 3 weeks now, but noticed a difference in my stomach the first day I took it. I introduced the Flaxseed two weeks after the oil and in little amounts and am working my way up to the requested dosage. I'm finally starting to feel better, have alot more energy, and my stomach doesn't hurt anymore! Now, if I could stop the gray hair, and fix my memory that would be great!  Did you know when you get older it takes twice as long to look half as good? I just had to throw that in there!
~Jody~

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Total Pageviews